Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ahh Paris




Well we arrived in Paris and I have to say the metro in Paris unfortunately doesn't compare to the tube in London. While in London they had people to assist you, there was no one around in Paris and catching the tube from Gare Du Nord was "exciting" to say the least. First we had trouble getting our luggage through the turnstyles. After one got stuck we saw a small opening for the luggage to be put through. It was small. Then one of our party got separated from us when the doors closed (on my hand). But we finally made it to the hotel in somewhat fine shape determined we'd get a taxi to the airport when we left. With all this excitement I didn't manage to catch a picture of anything, unfortunately. It would have been a funny picture. Instead one of my first photos was a view of the Eiffel Tower. You could see this from almost anywhere in Paris.








Parisian's seem to love the naked statues. I'm not sure what's up with this one.














This lady is pretty covered up, though. I don't know who she is but she was outside the Musee d'Orsay in the Jardin des Tuileries.













One of the "strangest" sites to me was the sunbathing in the park. Strange I guess because the lawn chairs seem to come with the park. No umbrella's though. Next best thing to the beach I guess. I prefer the beach or at least a pool I can go into.










Somehow, we kept walking all afternoon and ended up at the Eiffel Tower. Let me tell you, that is a long walk from Tuileries.


















I think my feet might have appreciated a dip in the pond.

No comments: