Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm related to famous people

My sister has been doing some genealogy stuff and I found out that we are related to both Madonna and Celine Dion as well as Angelina Jolie through a man named Marin Boucher who is my 11th grandfather and ironically is also Celine's 11th Grandfather.  He is Madonna's 10th Grandfather.  I break with Madonna and Angelina at Marin because their lines continue through a brother named Pierre while mine continues through Jean G Boucher.  Celine's line continues along with mine until Marguerite Boucher Lavoie where we split her line going with Joseph Lavoie and mine going with a daughter M. Langlais-Serein.  

Update:  I'm closer to Madonna than I thought.  My Dad is 5th Cousin to Madonna so that makes me 5th Cousin once removed (I think!). 

No comments: